S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2008, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

I have 1997 Chevy s10 pickup 4.3l 144k miles. SES light on codes p0171 p0174 lean fuel. I seen another post about intake gaskets and so on. My only problem with that is i do not have the same systoms Turck does not hesitate at all runs smooth idles smooth. I have changed radiator a few days back and my thermostat was bad how long it was bad im not sure. Is there any way the sensors could have gotten messed up by the fuel mixture that it was running as the engine would never reach optimal tempature.
Old August 15th, 2008, 8:20 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Need Help

well first off, did you make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks?, the engine most likely won't adjust to not running right. . If not intake leaks, see if the engine drops on it's face when you stamp on it, if so try unplugging the mass air.. can you get ur hands on a scan tool to read data?
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Need Help

I found the problem I had a vacuum hose that was completly disinigrated I fixed this. After about 2 days light went off. I also had a problem with the 4x4 not working im not sure how or why but there is a 3 hose connection on top of the tcase that was rotated backwards. I dont know how this happened but 4x4 does work now.

I have only one problem now my foot vents wont close air comes through them constantly faster as u pick up speed none at a stop. I can turn heat or ac on and it will change to face but still have air at feet. Im guessing this might end up as another vacuum line not gonna dig into it right away thought. I still have to put a radiator in my blazer so its first priority.