S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

need some help, clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2011, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help, clutch problems

hi, would be much obliged if someone would help me with a problem i'm happening. only 18, and my truck is my life and pay check.

so, i've got an 87 chevy s-10 2wd 4 cyl 2.5l.
well conducted my monthly maitnence the other day as well as started to address a problem that just started where i couldn't shift into reverse while the motor was running.

so immediately i ran to auto zone thinking i was a smart cookie and bought a new slave cyl and bleed pump, called up a buddy and was wrenching in 20 minutes. well manually bled it and installed it.. to finish with no luck. so after some thinking and playing with the old floosey of a slave drive and got a new clutch master cyl and reservoir hose to replace the old rotten one. installed it and now i'm having problems pulling a vacuum. i can pull fluid through the master cyl with the pump and pry the slave drive to let all the air flow up into the reservoir which releases all the air in the lines.. but it just wont pull a vacuum or build any tension in the clutch. i've tried bleeding it every which way and every trick in the book.. i'm honestly stumped.. anyone know of something i'm missing or doing wrong? help would be much appreciated, like i said my truck is my insured way of getting a pay check.. and i can't pay you old folks social security if i can't work.