S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

OBD connection issue

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2008, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD connection issue

Recently purchased a 99 Blazer and went to take it to inspection and was told by inspector that vehicle failed because it was not driven enough. Has 200000 miles plus but runs great. He advised to run it for 100- 500 miles before bring it back.

I placed OBD scanner on it to check myself but scanner does not read.Screen is blank so I checked scanner with another Chevy and it works fine ,I then had it checked by Autozone who checked with Scan Pro and when it was turned on scannnerread there is no connectionbetween scanner and OBD connection.

Not sure what can be wrong as it starts and runs fine. Any help is greatly appreciated as I cannot get inspected until OBD reads correctly.

Old December 16th, 2008, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: OBD connection issue

You should first check your fuses as the scanner is powered buy the truck,most are the same fuse as the lighter.You may have to check every fuse as the owners manual does not tell you what fuse is for the OBD connector.Hope this helps.
Old December 16th, 2008, 8:03 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

The fuse will be labeled CIGARLTR and will be in the dashside fusebox.[/align][/align]I don't understand how a vehicle could have failed inspection because it wasn't driven enough....[/align]
Old December 18th, 2008, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks changed fuse and works great now. will take back to inspection.
It failed becuase the machine could not pick up 4 of 7 systems .
I am gathering that because connection was not working there system was not reading codes off connection
Old December 21st, 2008, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: EvansBlue

The fuse will be labeled CIGARLTR and will be in the dashside fusebox.[/align][/align]I don't understand how a vehicle could have failed inspection because it wasn't driven enough....[/align]
It will fail because if at anytime the battery is unplugged, it resets your entire computer. So when the battery is hooked back up, the computer needs time to reset itself. And all the sensors have to re-heat themselves so that the computer can get a reading off of them.