S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

pass lock problem

Old January 7th, 2019, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pass lock problem

I have the typical pass lock security problem in my 2003 ZR2 Blazer, pretty much guarantee every two weeks will be sitting somewhere for the full 3 cycle reset sequence. So I read up and installed a resistor bypass, and low and behold, two weeks later there I am still having to go through the 3 cycle reset. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Full disclosure, I bought this used, it came with and has installed in it a Python remote start. It looks like a factory install, remote start, door lock, unlock, & auxiliary.
When I installed my bypass, I hooked up my multimeter to get a reading so I could match it for the resistance, and when i turned the key i to get the reading, I went too far and the car started, WITH the wire cut. That, along with the fact that it has a remote start, leads me to believe that there is/was already some sort of bypass installed and what I did was redundant.
The remote start works fine, however this issue even happens when I use the remote start feature, and for those wondering, the remote start wont override the problem when it happens.
Anyone else have a similar experience with this happening, or can anyone think of a solution?

Search this Thread