S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

PLEASSSSE HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2007, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASSSSE HELP ME

ok i have a 1993 s10 blazer tahoe edition 4x4, and i am having a problem with the engine. it stutters it is sucking alot of gas and everyone keeps telling me to replace the fuel pressure reg. but i looked it up on the auto zone site and it shows a central multi port injection, but my VIN IS W which is a cpi. whats the differnce in these, and how hard is it to replace this part. Any help is very apreciated.....
Old September 16th, 2007, 3:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: PLEASSSSE HELP ME

hello rustyd, this is my first day on chevy forum. i noticed no one responded to your problem, i'll try
to help you out. im not a pro and i type slow but i have 2 s10 ive rebuilt myself . 20 plus years back yard
mechanic. anyhow, sounds like you have a 93 4.6L v6 central port inection (cpi) the haynes repair
manual for 82 to 93 is what you might need to help with this job. you may have it---i dont know.
on page 4-38 chapter 4 fuel & exhast, itsowes you large details and step by step instructions. the job is
not that hard with a few things to disconect, to get to the fuel pressure regulator you need to split the plenum. its located beside the (cpi) unit witch is the manifold. their are two halves to the plenum.by the way their refuring to the poppet nozzles when thay say multy. technical error. if this helps great,you can
reply with any questions im usaly on and off the pc. later sickvortech
Old September 16th, 2007, 5:50 PM
CF Junior Member

I second that on the hayne's manual. 95 S-10 ZR2 4.3 w I had to do that same job sounds hard but really pretty easy. That hayne's manual is the best tool I own $15-20 dollars at advance autoparts. goodluck
Old September 16th, 2007, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

GUYS thanks alot for the input i actually went on blazer forum.com and found a complete how to and i am telling you what it wasnt that hard at all. since the post my wife and i got to it and got the new fpr installed and man what a difference. it still smokes alittle and the stuttering has since go away, Yes....... thank you for you help and i also did go out and buy a haynes book to help me on anything else that might happen to the wifes truck......