S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Preculating Liquid sound under acceleration

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2010, 4:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preculating Liquid sound under acceleration

2002 Blazer 4x4 with Vortec V6.
Under acceleration, you can hear a liquid preculation sound from behind the stereo and AC control panel on the dash board. Under decceleration, you do not hear anything. Under G-load turns you do not here anything.

This issue only occurs under acceleration. My thought is an issue with the Heater core or possibly water pump. Suggestions.

Another thing, this truck has developed a intermittent rattling sound at idel, weither in gear or not. I have cycled through all gears and do not find it louder or softer at any one time. I thinking the sound is coming from the area of the exhaust tube to the Cat Converter and a the muffler area. I have not yet inspected the drive shaft and U-Joint for issue yet. Any other suggestions of where I can look.

Drivability is normal. No codes in computer or chassis. AC is working fine, needs to be serviced due to age, but still fully functional at this time.
Old June 6th, 2010, 3:49 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same thing on my -97 4.3l vortec. Under acceleration only.
I have had some troubles with the cooling liquid not being transported around enough. Have had a motor temp at max and still only cold air form the coupe fan.

Is it the waterpump? Maybe a blockade in some of the tubes? It only happens occasionally.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:40 PM
CF Junior Member

both hoses going to heater core at firewall should be warm/hot. put a plastic bag around distributor cap to shield from fluid, remove both hoses and flush both with a garden hose for better performance. check rad.fluid for a couple days to top off fully.
Old June 14th, 2010, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default heat it up

Warm up the engine with the rad cap off. Fill it with water and make sure the resevoir jug is full to specs. It is just low coolant. Mine does the same thing if it gets real low on coolant.
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:46 PM
CF Junior Member

I have the problem which occurred tonight but not during acceleration only when coming to a dead stop. Ill be checking fluids tomorrow and make I will also try a few of the things mentioned above great advice thanks.
Old June 17th, 2010, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Gurgleing sound in dash...

Hey people... New to this forum... I think my bro belongs to this forum as he just recently "re-joined the S10 " community. Hey bro... Anyway, this sound your hearing, it's air in the heatercore. The heatercore is the top most part of the cooling system and, air rises... Every now and then, I mean months, you may need to add a bit of coolant, ok... IF this is happening frequently, I say every week or so, yer' losin' it somewhere. Look around, under, "&" smell the exaust... This is what my problem was. INTAKE GASKET ... Typical 100k+... Make sure the oil has no milky look to it and see your banker I mean your mechanic a.s.a.p. Hopefully it will leak twards the exaust side of the gasket and not the oil-port side. OR, it may only be a leaky hose, easy fix... But then after my intake gasket went, the radiator split... Oh yea... I gots lotsa info for you people... Be back soon.. Later...
Old June 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Issue Resolved, The prec sound is a result of a fail safe theromstat, that I installed in the truck. Unlike a normal theromstat, this one has a small hole in the body that is allowing an air bubble to form. All my gaskets and things are fine.