S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Rebuilding A/C System

Old August 24th, 2013, 2:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rebuilding A/C System

Hello,

I am new to the Chevy world, I have owned Fords all my life, however I figured it was time for a change. Anyway, the previous owner of my 98 Blazer had removed all of the A/C components except for the compressor so he could tuck 24" wheels. I forgot to mention the truck is bagged and will lay all the way to the frame. I don't really care about having huge wheels, I just want some A/C and heat in the winter. I was wonder what components I need to replace everything. What hoses and components and if I can pick them up from Autozone or something. The A/C light comes on when I put the controls in auto but nothing works, I can't even get the fan to come on. Would this be related to the components in the engine bay being removed? I was told that the heat and air conditioning system run on pretty much the same route.

I'm no stranger to tools or advanced mechanical projects. I've rebuilt several engines and I'm not afraid to tackle new projects. The truck has the 4.3L 2WD. Also what special tools would I need. A diagram or pictures of a properly routed system would be awesome to have as well. Thank you for your time. Please tell me if you need any extra information.