S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Right front tire excessive wear

Old October 9th, 2017, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right front tire excessive wear

2005 S10 Blazer LS 2dr rear wheel drive 4.3 92000 miles, I bought the truck brand new and since the day I bought it I can't keep a right front tire from excessive wear from the out side in, I have had 6 wheel alignments with all computer print outs showing alignment all 4 wheels are in the green yet it keeps tearing up rt. front tire. Just put on my 4th set of tires last week and took it to another alignment shop told them the whole story and he proceeded to hand me a estimate for $1200.00 worth of front end work, when I asked him that when the front end needed no work I still could not keep a rt. frt. tire on it. So at that point I said if you do all the work my problem is solved right ! no direct answer to question, so has anybody experience this problem or have any suggestion's. Thanks in Advance Ken
Old October 9th, 2017, 3:36 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Probably a worn out tie rod end. Jack the right front up, with jack stands under it, remove the cotter pin on the tie rod, unscrew the nut, seperate it. If you can move it with your hand freely, it needs replaced.

Search this Thread