S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Rough Idle

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2017, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Idle

This is my first post so sorry if I don't get all the information across...so I have a chevy S-10Durango 1984 5speed manual. Whats wrong with it is if I set my idle to what my manual says 600rpm but the truck can barely idle there it just keeps dying so I turned it up to 700 an ill idle there but very rough, so what iv done is new: cap, roder, spark plugs, spark plug cable. An I compression tested it did my adjusted my valves to my manules instructions, an new valve cover gaskets.the compression test is as followed:
Cylinder 1 145
cylinder 3 135
Cylinder 5 135
Cylinder 2 140
Cylinder 4 130
Cylinder 6 135

So thats what iv done, an I know I have a vacuum leak, cuz I sprayed brake clean around the carb an it started to idle better, over by the vacuum lines...I have no vacuum at my vacuum advance port, and have no idea were to start cuz I can't find any vacuum pressure...I am going to replace all the vacuum lines soon, so I'm completely open to any ideas, oh an the carburetor is original and wasn't took care of before I got it. I'd love some help

Last edited by Storm parker; February 27th, 2017 at 5:33 PM.