S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

S-10 Stalling/won't go problem

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2007, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S-10 Stalling/won't go problem

I drive a 99 S-10 2.2L LS. My problem is that sometimes when I go to push on the gas from a stop like there isnt any fuel getting to the engine. if I continue to press on the gas the RPMs just go and the oil pressure jumps up and down and the car just rolls. when I finally manage to get off on the side of the road and shut it off once i restart it it seems to run fine except for when I put it in drive after I restart it jumps really bad. I just rolled 100,000 miles about a month ago and don't drive that often as is.The problemhappens more frequently if there is less then half a tank but has been getting worse.

so what do you guys think, do you think its the tranny? the fuel system? or something else? any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old August 12th, 2007, 2:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: S-10 Stalling/won't go problem

Correct me if I am wrong, but when you hit the gas the engine speeds up but you don't get any power to the tires to move the truck? Do your RPM go up and down at all? That would explain the oil press. Is it a clutch or an atomatic?
Old August 18th, 2007, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: S-10 Stalling/won't go problem

yeah, that is pretty much it, its almost like the car is stuck in neutral even though the car is in drive and at first its like the car wants to go and its like it is trying to but it ends up the the RPMs goskyhigh when i press on the gas cause it has a small initial go to it, the transmission is automatic.