Notices
S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

S10 Steering column replacement

Old July 4th, 2019, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 Steering column replacement

I have an 1989 S10 4x4 Tahoe Truck that I am replacing the complete steering column.
The only problem I have now is that the end of the column and steering box shaft won't.connect, the column seems to be to short..or is it possible the steering box shaft fell into the box 1inch which makes it look like the column is short.
Base plate is all the way down to the floorboard and I did measure the columns to make sure they were the same length in every aspect. The new column is to a 91 Blazer so it should be identical.
Need suggestion on how to get the column over the shaft far enough to put the bolt in.

Base plate of column

Base plate on floorboard

Column tip on right (shiny tip with hole), Steering Box shaft on leftdirty tip with hole)
exactly 1 inch apart from c/hole to c/hole..this is my dehlema..

Tip to steering column....

Last edited by S10ratchet4.3v6; July 4th, 2019 at 3:17 PM.
Old July 5th, 2019, 5:12 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the intermediate shaft can collapse and extend a few inches. if you have a body lift on you have to extend it to get everything to line back up

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: