S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Squeeking when first started..

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2006, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeeking when first started..

Hello!

Hey, for the past three months now whenever I start my truck (2002 ZR2)something in the engine squeeks like a sparrow on crack for the first few minutes its running.

I've narrowed it down to the top pully in front of the engine. I don't know what the name of it is.. But, it seems like once it warms itself up it doesn't make a peep. Again, this is only in the mornings after sitting over night. The pully/wheel looks like it bounces around alot rather then being just solid and smooth turning.

Could this be bearings or something inside that pully? Just a pully going bad? I had the belt replaced no more then 6 months ago and it looks just fine..

Thanks for any advice!
-snooter
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Squeeking when first started..

Is the pulley hooked up to anything? (does it turn any accessories?) If it doesn't then it it the tensioner pulley and it will move (bounce). If you spray a little WD-40 or similar product on both sides of the belt and the squeeking stops it is your belt. If not it is probably that pulley. You don't need to spray a lot on the belt.