Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

2008 Chevy Express Wont start HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2018, 5:45 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2008 Chevy Express Wont start HELP!!!

Hey guys I just recently bought a 2009 chevy express 2500. It has the 6.0 litre vortex engine. It came with 2 factory keys. I wondered if it has a remote starter equipped on it so I popped the hood to see what I could find. right in-front on the car where the grill is I saw a sticker explaining that this car has remote starter equipped. I went out and bought a programmable remote fob, watched few videos on how to program it, and began to try it out.
I first went on to the dash menu and went to the trip option. held the check mark button for 10 seconds to access the remote programming options. it didn't work. I saw this red button right beside the check mark button and clicked that thinking perhaps that might do the trick. Now the car is completely shut off. whenever I put the key in, it doesn't recognized it. I switch the key in to the on position and then crank it, but get no response? does anyone know what happened ? could someone please help me out with this ? It would greatly be appreciated.