Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

ALL Equinox have this leak problem??

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2022, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL Equinox have this leak problem??

Hello. A Chevy dealership in Waverly, Iowa is saying that ALL Chevy Equinox have a problem with water around the air intake of the engine of the Chevy Equinox. They sucked out the water, no problem and didn't charge me. About half hour later, the Manager calls me saying that ALL the Equinox have this problem and it will cause the back oil pan to blow out and cause the engine to need to be replaced. He says that if I don't have the piece by the intake to be taken out and a bigger hole drilled into it (for $460) that it's just a matter of time and I've been lucky so far. He believes this needs to be taken care of right away because if it freezes or the temps drop that it could cause my motor to die and need a new one. He also said that he's had at least 8 other people with Equinox in about the last month to come in for the same thing and "ALL the Equinox have this problem". This sounds like a load of poop, in my opinion. Has anyone else heard of this? My Equinox is the 2017 model. Thank you for your advice!!
Old February 1st, 2022, 3:19 PM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

there has been some talk on here about that problem. Why not DIY and drill the hole bigger or have some handy person do it. Take the $460 and go and have a nice dinner !
Old February 3rd, 2022, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bearbait
there has been some talk on here about that problem. Why not DIY and drill the hole bigger or have some handy person do it. Take the $460 and go and have a nice dinner !
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am highly allergic to motor oil and don't know many people that are "handy" with cars. Any idea what the Thread was that talked about the Equinox leak?
Old February 4th, 2022, 8:15 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Go on www.chevyequinoxforum.com and read " rear main seal blown"
The following users liked this post:
Fastmann40 (February 7th, 2023)