Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

Computer reset not able to pass Emisions

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2017, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Computer reset not able to pass Emisions

My name is Johnny Lovsey and I made quite a few post about the issue of the computer in my blazer not resetting for the emissions. I bought three testers the last being a Tech II from China and it works just like the real thing. But if it ever breaks don't know what I will do. Anyways the new Tech II told me why my emissions wasn't resetting and it was because of a pin leak. And visually searching for it was futile. So I made my own tool you can see it and how it saved me tons of money and time. Its under The Ultimate Automotive Leak Detector on U tube a very good explanation as to how I was able to find and fix a pin hole you couldn't even see with the naked eye by building this tool and then using it to locate a impossible leak.https://chevroletforum.com/forum/ima...ons/icon14.gif
Old June 7th, 2017, 7:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

so the monitor was running to completion and failing. with your tech2 you can go in and view each monitor state. its status will be pass, fail, not run.

I checked out the video; well done.
one correction; the green cap is not the purge port, its the evap service port