Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

latest mods to the blazer!

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2009, 9:49 AM
Site Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default latest mods to the blazer!

Recently I shaved the tailgate, and added some LUND door sill protectors. Not sure if I posted a pic of when I shaved the side panels, but I'll throw one in there anyway. Next planned is returning the front bumper to chrome and add some led's to the unused turn signal opening. On with the pictures WOOT!
Name:  DSC00108.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  20.4 KB
Name:  DSC00107.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  20.3 KB
Name:  100_4920.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  72.5 KB
and I'll throw in a pic of a clean underhood with my new intake.
Name:  100_4967.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  71.2 KB
Old September 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice, looks clean Dave!
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Site Moderator

Thanks. I like the clean look. The truck will be paid off in full this january, so I am hoping to be abler to save up for some rims sometime next summer. I already know what rims I want in 20's. If I remember right, they are Forte F7 Klutch in black. Here they are.

Those are going to change the whole look of the truck drastically. I think they will look nice. I can't wait, I've been wanting to get new rims for a long time, have been waiting until the truck was paid of to do so.
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh, I love the feeling of a paid off vehicle. Those rims do look slick!
Old September 18th, 2009, 10:36 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice. You don't have any pictures of the shaved tailgate... just the tailgate as it is.
Old September 21st, 2009, 9:13 AM
Site Moderator

Sorry, I should have added I shaved the badges lol. My bad.
Old September 21st, 2009, 9:58 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Ohh. I thought you truly shaved it. "De-Badged"
Old September 23rd, 2009, 8:47 PM
Site Moderator

I realized that after I thought about it. It would be cool to shave it completely, but i don't have the means to do so and with the new england weather, i use the rear wiper alot. Especially now when it it cold at night and warm during the daytime, the condensation build up rather quickly. I don't even have the remore to unlock the doors, I have to unlock the drivers side door, open it and hit the unlock button, and then I can open the rear hatch. I have had the blazer almost four years now and I still find myself walking all the way around back with the key, and doh!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
CF Active Member

Default Hmmmmmmm !!!

Those are some real nice rims ive got to admit and your bumping up to 20's ha thats a no can do! i would be bending a rim a week with this rig 8600lbs GVW toss one of my 24 foot trailers on the back and well lets just say i better hang with a little more meat and metal between her and colorados potholes, i like the hatch , when i had origianaly picked this up i had the oppurtunity, before i did the bodywork and paint to install a one ton dually rear end,fenders, and lighting, and a set of suicide passenger door hinge kits its a trick set up but can very quickly become an expensive mod. 6 chrome or alloy custom one ton rims an spacers to offset the backs for larger tires and six E-Rated oversize tires the front and rear ends and ***.heavier duty steering components and necessary upgrades ha ha lets just say the price out wieghed the benifit and functionalality of a daily driver, a cool mod i would like to tackle someday as a future lotto winner! Nice ride grasshopper you have done well! good luck in the rotm feasco
Old September 30th, 2009, 9:15 PM
Site Moderator

What rotm fiasco are you referring to? Thanks, I put alot of work into the way my blazer is right now.It was completely stock when I bought it four years ago this january. Ive done alot of work it seems and there is still so much I want to do to it. I have important stuff right now before the harsh new england winter sets in like getting my 4wd to work and getting heat! Those rims and toyo tires were about 130 for a set of 4 20's from a website I don't remember the name. It's bookmarked on my desktop computer, I'm on my brothers acer laptop right now. I like those rims and also the Verde Kaos also. A little more expensive, but if I have the cash, I might splurge.

I know what you mean about being a lottery winner. I would raise mine to the sky if I won the lottery lol.