Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2014 Chevrolet Malibu "auto start/stop issue"

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2022 | 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Chevrolet Malibu "auto start/stop issue"

I have read several forums about the auto start/stop issue with the 2014 Malibu and do not see where someone has fixed it. If the issue has been fixed, please let me know since I have spent $2,000 on the vehicle and still having the issue.
Replaced the following:
Aux Battery
Main Battery
Starter
Alternator
Module on the main battery and paid to have it programmed
ABS Sensor on the rear

All this and still the same issue...
Once it goes to auto stop and I hit the gas, the motor shuts off. I then go to start it and it continues to start on it's own. I can tap the gas pedal and it starts up.

Thanks for your time.
Old August 21st, 2022 | 4:45 AM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by del50man
I have read several forums about the auto start/stop issue with the 2014 Malibu and do not see where someone has fixed it. If the issue has been fixed, please let me know since I have spent $2,000 on the vehicle and still having the issue.
Replaced the following:
Aux Battery
Main Battery
Starter
Alternator
ABS Sensor on the rear

Once it goes to auto stop and I hit the gas, the motor shuts off. I then go to start it and it continues to start on it's own. I can tap the gas pedal and it starts up.

Thanks for your time.
I have a fix for you and it won't cost you a dime. First off don't tailgate as it defeats the purpose, and it's dangerous and you'll need to slam on the brakes. Trust me as I am a professional driver. Two, come up to the light/sign slowly, then almost come to a stop, but let off just a little, before you come to a full stop. Thirdly you can use neutral or manual to discombobulate the auto stop so it wont operate.
Old March 2nd, 2023 | 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default 14 malibu start stop

Originally Posted by del50man
Replaced the following:
Aux Battery
Main Battery
Starter
Alternator
ABS Sensor on the rear

Thanks for your time.
have you gotten any help with this?
Old March 4th, 2023 | 7:21 PM
Super Moderator

if you can fix it...have it deleted. just make sure if its not required for emissions testing.
Old June 6th, 2024 | 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Solution

I was having this issue as well but I order a Auto Stop Disable cable from amazon for 15$ and you can fix this issue in five minutes and its cheap! You disconnect your hood open latch plug and plug the disable connector in and boom! Problem solved! I haven't had any issues since!!!! No lights on the dashboard nothing! I will add the link below if you would to look at the reviews and
orderhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W2YTJDY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1