Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

How to secure "something" under the driver's seat.

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2024, 4:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default How to secure "something" under the driver's seat.

I have a permit to carry, but on occasion I may be in a place where it is not permitted. If I have it with me, I'd like to secure it under the driver's seat in a locked, permanently attached secure storage safe. Has anyone tried something similar? What did you use?
​​​​​​
Old April 28th, 2024, 8:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I know exactly what you mean. I've been thinking about this with my new van too.

Is there room under the seat? My 2011 has a fuse box under the drivers seat. What year is your van?

Mine is a cargo that came with all the shelving etc... which I removed. All of it was secured to the floor with threaded rivets and rivnuts. I think your best bet would be to get a rivnut driver and use that to create threaded holes to secure the box wherever you want.

I've also been thinking a handy person could beef up the frame and put a lock on the box in the doghouse. It's the perfect size and would be easier to access.
Old April 28th, 2024, 12:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Derrick71
I know exactly what you mean. I've been thinking about this with my new van too.

Is there room under the seat? My 2011 has a fuse box under the drivers seat. What year is your van?

Mine is a cargo that came with all the shelving etc... which I removed. All of it was secured to the floor with threaded rivets and rivnuts. I think your best bet would be to get a rivnut driver and use that to create threaded holes to secure the box wherever you want.

I've also been thinking a handy person could beef up the frame and put a lock on the box in the doghouse. It's the perfect size and would be easier to access.
I believe mines an 18 and there's a small space under the seat, I currently keep a set of binoculars and small umbrellas there. I'm looking at wired portable gun safe lock boxes. Really curious what anyone else has found to work.