Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Key stuck in ignition. Shifter stuck in park.

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2024, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key stuck in ignition. Shifter stuck in park.

2012 Chevy Equinox LT. Key will not come out of ignition cylinder. Can start, can leave in AUX, but cannot turn all the way to the release position. Also shifter is stuck in park at the same time. Brake lights work fine. Can press in the shift release and freely move the shifter. Can start in park and neutral. Also the reverse lights turn on when in reverse. Cannot figure it out. Please help if you can.
Old August 26th, 2024, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Manorok33
2012 Chevy Equinox LT. Key will not come out of ignition cylinder. Can start, can leave in AUX, but cannot turn all the way to the release position. Also shifter is stuck in park at the same time. Brake lights work fine. Can press in the shift release and freely move the shifter. Can start in park and neutral. Also the reverse lights turn on when in reverse. Cannot figure it out. Please help if you can.
I'm having the same issue with my daughter's 2012 Equinox but I can't find a remedy anywhere online.
Old Today, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by booster
I'm having the same issue with my daughter's 2012 Equinox but I can't find a remedy anywhere online.
Exact same issue. 2012 Equinox, I can override the shift lock and drive it and push on the solenoid to get the key out.