Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fuel Pump choice

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2024, 8:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Pump choice

Hi I own a 1999 Chevy Suburban C 1500 2 wheel drive LT. 5.7 Vortec. Owned it since it was 7 years old from Texas. Bought it with 73,000 miles on it and it just turned 134,000 miles. Never driven in winter I just lost the fuel tank and I purchased a new one. I want to buy a new fuel pump module. I believe I need an AC Delco MU1748 fuel pump module. Is this correct. See where all the aftermarket ones are junk. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old July 8th, 2024, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 675 Likes on 613 Posts

if you give part dealers your VIN then they should be able to provide the correct part.

Or go to rockauto.com and enter your vehicle details. It'll give you the GM part number.
Old July 8th, 2024, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

O.K. Great thanks.Will do.
Old July 8th, 2024, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

I found the correct AC Delco fuel pump module and it is MU 1748. A question what is the low libricity fuel sender K55. Confused. Also I cannot find a new gas tank filler hose. 2 inch diameter and a 45 degree bend in it right after it leaves the tank. NAPA ordered one but has 45 degree bend in middle so no go. Thanks.
Old July 8th, 2024, 7:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Goochlin
what is the low libricity fuel sender K55.
where do you see this?
Old July 8th, 2024, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

On the Rock Auto parts site. There are 2 choices one MU1748 Excluding this
low Lubricity K55 and the other choice is Bosch 67382 assuming with low lubricity K55. What is this about?? Both are for my application.
Old July 8th, 2024, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

K55 should be an RPO code on your door sticker.
"low lubricity" is just them bragging about how great their pump is. Gasoline has low lubricity (compared to other fuels like diesel.). Maybe it's better for ethanol blended fuel who knows. I would get the GM one.
The following users liked this post:
Old Car Guy (July 29th, 2024)
Old July 9th, 2024, 9:06 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That's funny. My wife complained about that the other night. LOW LUBRICITY!!
Old July 11th, 2024, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Hi, i got my fuel pump module today. Looks great. I am going to check the sending unit for fuel level to be sure it is exactly like my original one. Will then install it in the tank. I reattached the 2 rubber foam protectors on the new tank and then it will be ready to install. I am waiting on the new stainless fuel feed and return lines install them and stick the tank back up. I wrote that Fuel Neck Supply /Company again and as usual no answer. Do not know how they can stay in business and ignore customers. guess I am stuck using my factory fuel filler hose. It looks good but wanted everything fresh. I will take some photos and post for the forum. Thanks.
Old July 12th, 2024, 10:59 AM
CF Beginner

Hi, this morning I tried to install the new AC Delco fuel pump module in the tank. I followed the directions and lubed up the o ring and a light coat on the tank where the o ring fits in. I cannot get the assembly to seat all the way around to install the lock ring. I tried pushing down ,wiggling the unit , have the tab in the correct location but it will not seat all the way around. Pushing down on a plastic unit I am afraid of breaking something. Any thought what might be wrong here? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump choice