Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

3500 express rv 454

Search this Thread

Old Today, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3500 express rv 454

Started up my rv about a week ago was sitting with half a tank since last fall should have drained the gas but really didn't want to so I cleaned the mouse nest out of the airbox and started it and let it idle a while. It was a little rough as I expected with old gas. Drove it up to my shop and shut it off and it didn't want to start again it would cough for a few seconds then choke out. Let it sit and tried again the next day started right up and I added fuel stabilizer and let it idle again, still running rough. Eventually it died and same thing would run for 2 seconds and choke out I noticed as soon as I hit the throttle it dies immediately if I hold the throttle it won't start if I let it sit a few minutes it will run for 5 seconds or so. So I drained the gas byjumping the fuel pump relay and pressure seemed good, I did not put Guage on it, put new gas in, New fuel filter did nothing new, MAF sensor did nothing, it has no codes. It will run on starting fluid and while spraying to keep it running I push the throttle and it chokes it out again. I'm thinking it's something stupid like a sensor maybey a mouse chewed a wire somewhere, nothing obvious I see. Could I have messed up injectors running it with the bad gas, could it be the tps. Any thoughts appreciated