Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

Issues with trailering app

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with trailering app

The issue is with the trailer TPMS sensors or the module that reads it on the truck. The apps is awesome.

The app for the first time in it's 5 year run was not showing data for trailer tire #3. I tried to reprogram them... all went fine for tire 1 and 2, horn honk after just bleeding out a little air. Tire 3 was non-responsive. bled some air...nothing, again nothing. went to tire 4 and horn honk. Went back to the truck and got a "Service Trailer TPMS" and I was locked out.

I got a new TPMS sensor and had the tire remounted but I was locked out. I created a new profile but the TPMS learn was a bust and got locked out again.

So I took it to the dealer. They (service advisors) were pretty clueless and suggested I take it to a trailer place. When I finally explained that the trailer app and the TPMS sensors came with the truck they realized it was a truck problem.

Damn if it wasn't raining when my appointment came. They really didn't know what to do with my truck and trailer. They had to get the service manager involved and when he finally came out after doing a bunch of system research he told me there could be something wrong with the module behind the rear bumper. He didn't want to climb under the truck in the rain, I don't blame him. I took the truck back home and when It dried out I checked out the little module and it appears fine.