Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

New to us Sonic now has airbag light

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to us Sonic now has airbag light

Hi all, my name is Tim from the Seattle area.

My daughter got a new to her car, 2014 Sonic LT hatch. Of course, after a couple days the air bag ready light on the dash appeared. I have a code scanner and it brought up B0020-0D which is the passenger instrument panel deployment loop 4 stage 2.

I located the connector behind the glove box. When I pull it out the ohms go to 25.50 which from what I read means disconnected. When I plug it back in it'll go back to normal at around 2.40 to 2.80 range. But things like closing doors and bumping the car in someway will make it jump around on my reader to above 4.00 which is when the light gets triggers. Oddly enough sitting in the driver seat and just wiggling around makes it really jump around and sometimes makes it shoot up to 25.50. Then moving again will drop it down to 4 or 5 range but not very often down to normal. She's mentioned the light going on and off while driving. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Or is there something else bigger going on? I'm brand new to owning any Chev products and dealing with airbags. The connector itself looks nice and clean. I sprayed some contact cleaner as well but that didn't seem to help. At this point I might have to take it to the dealership to see what they say but figured I'd check here first.

Does anyone know that if she still drives the car by herself and no passengers will the airbags that are still showing within the proper threshold work correctly while I try to figure this out.

Thanks for any help