Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

tire pressure sensor 07 avalanche

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2013, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire pressure sensor 07 avalanche

dash started alerting me of tire pressure being low. i had air added and all tires checked. (used nitrogen) now every time i get in truck it is telling me to check tire pressure and says pressure is off on all 4 tires. would the nitrogen have something to with this or do think the sensor may be bad?
I have had 3 days and i'm aggravated!!!!!
Old February 3rd, 2013, 4:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

its not nitrogen related.

What are they setting the tires to?

Does the DICenter display a tire pressure number or dashes ---?

Does it specify which tire is low?
Old February 3rd, 2013, 4:38 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

kekerr75
Welcome to the forum... you might want to swing by a tire shop and have them read the battery status of your sensors.
Have your tires been rotated recently, is it possible they were not learned properly?
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> kekerr75,

I agree with the other posters, this may be related to the sensor. I also encourage you to have the vehicle inspected.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 25th, 2024, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Had the same problem with my 07 LTZ and what it ended up being was I had a tire pressure sensor go out and about 2 days later the other three went out I had to get them all replaced at the same time which i did (including labor) through the Chevy dealer and it ended up running me around $2,800 (this included an axle boot and the placement of it also) everything's good now though when I got tires replaced about 2 days later I ended up having the Les Schwab manager tell me that he could have with parts and labor replaced them for $350 or somewhere around there although they would not of course be original chevy parts... Oh yes and I also just afterwards had to replace my oil pressure sensor they all just went and tumbled one after the other

Last edited by Kyrdna; July 25th, 2024 at 8:18 PM.
Old Today, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same year same problem only 02 sensor instead of oil sensor

Originally Posted by Kyrdna
Had the same problem with my 07 LTZ and what it ended up being was I had a tire pressure sensor go out and about 2 days later the other three went out I had to get them all replaced at the same time which i did (including labor) through the Chevy dealer and it ended up running me around $2,800 (this included an axle boot and the placement of it also) everything's good now though when I got tires replaced about 2 days later I ended up having the Les Schwab manager tell me that he could have with parts and labor replaced them for $350 or somewhere around there although they would not of course be original chevy parts... Oh yes and I also just afterwards had to replace my oil pressure sensor they all just went and tumbled one after the other
repaired as needed