Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

no power to doors

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2018, 9:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no power to doors

I do not have power to either side door locks or windows, door light, I have power to the 30 amp circuit breaker in the inside fuse panel but none coming through to doors, any suggestions?? PLEASE
Old November 12th, 2018, 5:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

A little more info would help: year, model, which breaker did you test, which locks work, do they work with the key fob, do all the windows not function, did you try all the widow switches???
For the 99 Suburban :
The CIG LTR fuse in the instrument panel fuse block provides power to the switches that signal the door lock relay to send (PWR ACCY breaker) power to the door lock actuators.
Old November 19th, 2018, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default More info

It’s a 1999 suburban LS 4wd engine, wiring & dash in a 1997 tahoe LS 2dr 4wd, also there is a short in the cigarette lighter, when I inserted the lighter in the hole it blew fuse, it’s been replaced. There is no power to door locks, windows or courtesy lights in door panels, the mirrors have power, if I did not metion before, there’s power to circuit breaker in fuse panel on left side dash, but none seems to be getting out from there, at least not as far as the doors are concerned.
Thank You

Last edited by greg55; November 19th, 2018 at 4:54 PM. Reason: Missing info
Old November 19th, 2018, 4:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Question

Where is door lock relay?? And does windows have or is there any other relays I can check??? Thanks
Old November 19th, 2018, 6:41 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by greg55
It’s a 1999 suburban LS 4wd engine, wiring & dash in a 1997 tahoe LS 2dr 4wd, also there is a short in the cigarette lighter, when I inserted the lighter in the hole it blew fuse, it’s been replaced. There is no power to door locks, windows or courtesy lights in door panels, the mirrors have power, if I did not metion before, there’s power to circuit breaker in fuse panel on left side dash, but none seems to be getting out from there, at least not as far as the doors are concerned.
Thank You
There are no relays for the windows.
Is this a new problem, or did these never work after the dash and wiring transplant?
Which breaker (name) are you checking?
Are you checking for power on both sides of the circuit breaker?
Make sure the CIG LTR fuse is good, as it provides power to the door lock switches.
Do the locks work with the key fob?
Is there power to the door lock switches (orange wire)? NO-Check CIG LTR fuse in the instrument panel fuse block.
Do any of the windows work?
Did you try all the widow switches?
Is there power to the driver door window switches (yellow wire, key in RUN)? NO- Check PWR WDO circuit breaker in the instrument panel fuse block.
Is there power at the courtesy lamps (orange wire)? NO-Check CTSY fuse in the instrument panel fuse block.

Let us know what you find.
Old November 20th, 2018, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default Additional info

The windows were working, I’ve made sure the window motors are good, the lock actuators are good, I don’t have a key fob so I don’t know about that, I’ve pulled all the wiring to the doors back and made sure the wires were not damaged and retaped them.
The cigarette lighter apparently has a short in it because when I inserted the lighter in the socket it blew a fuse, the fuse blew as soon as I touched the lighter to the socket, I replaced the fuse. I do have power to the power window circuit breaker going into the fuse box but not coming out, I’ve put a new circuit breaker in and still had no power coming out, there is no power to the door locks, windows, courtesy lamp, in the doors but the mirrors have power, I’ve seen that there is a door lock relay but can’t find it, also an accessory relay, but don’t know where it’s at either, there is power to a orange wire in the driver side door but it’s part of the mirror wiring,
Old November 20th, 2018, 1:57 PM
CF Active Member

... I do have power to the power window circuit breaker going into the fuse box but not coming out, I’ve put a new circuit breaker in and still had no power coming out,....
How are you checking for power out of the circuit breaker? Circuit breakers are like a fuse, if there's no power coming out then it has tripped (high load) or it's defective. Maybe it's the way you're testing for power out. (Picture?)

....there is no power to the door locks, windows, courtesy lamp,...
When you say there's no power to the door locks are you measuring at the actuators or the switches?
So, you're saying there's no power at the door lock switches (orange wire)? driver door window switches (yellow wire)? courtesy lamps (orange wire)?
If there's no power to these items, then you have to check the fuses, the fuse block and the wiring from the fuse block to the door to see where you're losing the power.

...I’ve seen that there is a door lock relay but can’t find it, also an accessory relay, but don’t know where it’s at either, there is power to a orange wire in the driver side door but it’s part of the mirror wiring,
If there's no power to the door lock switch the relay is not going to work. First things first. Don't worry about the mirror, door lock relay, accessory relay or the lighter socket for now.
Let us know what you find.