Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Power Locks?

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2018, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Locks?

Both front doors stopped unlocking/locking at separate times. After looking at different posts online I saw many people had issues with their lock actuators going bad so I went ahead and replaced mine (Non OEM I ordered on Amazon). The passenger worked just fine but the driver side will only unlock but won’t lock. Thought I received a defective one so I exchanged it and the second one did the same thing. Was told to just go ahead and get an OEM one from the dealer so I did and same thing...only unlocks but won’t lock. Checked the four fuses on the side of the dash which only seem to affect the rear two doors either way and they are good. Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone have an idea of what it might be so I can check it....all the posts I’ve came across—replacing their actuator fixed their problem. But after trying three new different actuators from three different places...I’m pretty sure something else is the problem. —2007 Tahoe LT
Old November 17th, 2018, 4:07 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I think there is a module in each door that the computer talks to for various functions. You might swap modules from another door to see if that is the problem.
Old November 20th, 2018, 8:32 AM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If the key fob and the door switches misbehave the same way, then it's the door module or a bad connector/wiring at the door module. As 73Shark said swapping would be a good test. If it's just the door switch acting up then check the switches.
Old November 20th, 2018, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
I think there is a module in each door that the computer talks to for various functions. You might swap modules from another door to see if that is the problem.
Originally Posted by a55bruce
If the key fob and the door switches misbehave the same way, then it's the door module or a bad connector/wiring at the door module. As 73Shark said swapping would be a good test. If it's just the door switch acting up then check the switches.
Where exactly is the door module located? It’s been a few days since I swapped out the actuators and I dont recall seeing one on the door. Tried searching for the location online since I didn’t drive it to work today but I get back threads on the RCDLR....is that what you guys are referring to? & by the way thank you guys for your help with this.
Old November 20th, 2018, 5:17 PM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvrcvc
Where exactly is the door module located? ...
I think on this model it is part of the door/window/mirror switch assembly. Check to see if the connectors have any loose wires, loose pins, moisture or corrosion.