Notices
Silverado DIY and Useful Threads This section is for Do-It-Yourself articles and other informative FAQ threads. If you would like to submit an article, contact a member of staff!

1988 Chevy Silverado wiper motor problems

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2017, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 Chevy Silverado wiper motor problems

Where can I find a wiper motor that looks like this one. All that I have found is the C shape type motor

88 Chevy silverado wiper motor
Attached Thumbnails 1988 Chevy Silverado wiper motor problems-chevy-wiper-motor.jpg  

Last edited by rickforegolf; January 18th, 2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: same picture
Old January 22nd, 2017, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default 89 Silverado Wiper problem

I have the exact same type on mine. Auto parts store, even LMC truck sells the C-shape style pulse board. What I'm wondering is if I have to replace the motor, then buy one of the new C-shape pulse boards. Does anyone know that answer?
Old February 5th, 2017, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

I had the exact same problem ON MY '89- the large C-shaped pules board is not for these motors. Lucky for me, I had a manager at my local Advance Auto and a mechanic in the store at the same time. The solution is get a wiper motor with the pulse board attached for a 2000 Silverado. I tried it. The harness was a perfect fit. Everything works the way God and GM intended it to be. Oh, make sure you pickup a three pack of the wiper mounting bushings- you'll need them to help secure the motor. I was able to reuse the original bolts though. Oh, and the best part is the motor, with the board, was under $50. The bushings set me back an entire $4.27. TRY THIS!