Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'01 2500Hd 4wd problems I've Replaced everything new!!

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2012, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 2500Hd 4wd problems I've Replaced everything new!!

ive read many posts to help me get to where i am now but still cant get this figured out.. im in this transfer case $1745 and still not working. ive heard of people spending much more but dident plan for this.
i bought this truck knowing the transfer case did not work.

'01 Silverado 2500Hd 4wd 6.0L Gas (3-button electric switch)

I bought a reman np263Hd transfer case then bought a encoder motor then front axle actuator and the dash switch.

i hear the case switching after i press the button but never engages all of the way the light just blinks and goes back to 2wd. before i bought the switch i took to a shop they hooked up scanner and believed the switch wasnt getting the signal to front actuator now after replacing the switch im lost. ive read something about the front diff not locking??...

before i bought this new switch while i was in the shop we put truck on the lift and had all wheels in the air i saw the front driveshaft turning looks like things are engaging that far foward.
i know just about everyone has problems with nbs 4wd systems thanks in advance..