Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

03 1500 4x4 Parking Brake Adustment?

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2015, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 1500 4x4 Parking Brake Adustment?

Hello all! First let me say thank you for letting me join your group! I look forward to reading all of your great threads whether it be tech related or just showing off that sweet sexy ride of yours On to business: The parking brake on my 03 Silverado 1500 base 4x4 apparently failed for safety inspection up here in MA. I finally have some time to fix it and am running into an issue. I have never done an e-brake before so i'm learning as I go. I ended up having to replace the parking brake adjuster on the left side but now it won't stay flush so that I can place the new pad on. I mean, I can get the pad on there but then I cannot get the rotor on. Also, I had my gf press down on the e-brake so that I can actually see how it operates and it appears that the left side doesn't even actuate and that the cable equalizer actually just sags. Almost like the cable was too long. Does this sound like the cable was just stretched too far out? Doesn't seem like braided wire could do that. What do you guys think? I'm more concerned with the adjuster. How does the internals operate? Thanks all! Much appreciated