Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

03 shimmering lights

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2006, 1:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 shimmering lights

Well it seems I am not alone in this forum sharing some typical problems with my 2003 crew cab silverado such as my speedometer not working as well as the tachometer and the rearview mirror temp gauge with only 55k miles on it. However, I have not seen anyone mention any electrical problems which I am experiencing with lights shimmering. My newest problem is the interior dome lights and dashboard lights seem to shimmer and quiver when on. I have checked the tension on the belt to the alternator which looked fine and it's output is up to standard. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and / or any suggestions I might be able to try that might resolve any of the above mentioned problems.. Thanks for your interest. Skoot61
Old December 1st, 2006, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 03 shimmering lights

GM has a fix for this it is real simple. I don't remember which terminal it goes to off the top of my head. I wire is installed between the + terminal on the back of the alternator to the plug. If I think about it, I will try to look up the TSB on it and remember to bring it back w/ me.
Old December 1st, 2006, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 03 shimmering lights

Wow!! Thanks xgmtech for your intrest into this annoying problem... I would welcome any and all suggestions that I can try to rectify this problem at home before I bring it to the dealer.