Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

05 reg cab ls blinkers and steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2007, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 reg cab ls blinkers and steering wheel

I have a 05 reg cab sb LS.

1. can stock power mirros with defrost be swapped out for the ones the blinkers in them.
2. i have no controls on my steering wheel. Is it possible to swap the steering wheel out with one with radio controls and be able to get all the xtra information from the cpu to be displayed.
3. didchevy come out with a nav system for the 05 that i can swap my cd/tape for.
4. is it possible to swap out center console for thefull center console like the tahoes have.
Old November 5th, 2007, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 05 reg cab ls blinkers and steering wheel

found out at the dealer that i can add factory fog lights for $300 and have them reprogram the computer for an hours labor. i was poking around the engine compartment, apparently all the wiring is already there from what i can see anyway. Now i just gotta find out about the other things.
also can anyone recommend a good cat back exhaust. i dont want it be loud. i've been in some trucks and cant even think right cause its so loud when driving i get a headache. would it be a waste to just replace the exhaust when everything else is stock? Eventually i get other things done as i get the moola
Old November 7th, 2007, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

getting conflicting reports from different dealers on mirrors.
one dealer said that the side mirrors with the blinkers run about $500 each and can be swapped out while another dealer said because they use switches (forgot the name for it already) that i'm stuck with what i got.

as for the steering wheel i only inquired at one dealer and they said i might be SOL on that because of the wiring harness might not be present so one would have to be run. so its either a no or big $
Old November 19th, 2007, 8:35 PM
CF Junior Member

hey bud,
as far as exhaust systems go, I had a 2000 Dakota w/ a 4.7L V8 and I had a Magna Flow catback exhaust. The muffler had a single in and a duel out and all I did was use the existing exhaust from the headers back to the muffler. then I had someone custom build the rest to the back. all and all it cost me about $400 but I got some really good deals on everything. it wasn't stupid loud and it gave it a really nice purr. now on my new silverado its got the 6.0L and it has the same thing and it just makes the truck sound really good and its not overly loud. hope this helps
Old November 20th, 2007, 4:52 PM
CF Junior Member

As far as cat back exhaust systems go I like flowmaster. I have an 03 Silverado 4.8L and I put the Flowmaster American Thunder System on it. I think it cost me around $400 for parts, and I did the install myself in a couple hours. It's loud on accelleration, but while cruising you can barely hear it. It will not give you a headache. It sounds really nice. My only complaint with the system is this. I have an aftermarket trailer hitch on the truck which caused my spare tire to sit a few inches forward from where it was sopposed to be. The way the exhaust was set up, is it's a single in, duel out from the muffler, and the left pipe goes over the rear axel and behind the diffy. So I ended up having to remove my spare from the bottom of the truck, and now it sits in the bed of the truck taking up valuable space. Just keep this in mind when choosing an exhaust system if you have a trailer hitch.
Old November 20th, 2007, 9:12 PM
CF Junior Member

yeah I atually had that same problem with my Dakota. But I just ended up taking the tire out and setting it behind the house. Its stupid but luckily I never needed it. Flowmasters are good, the only thing is, I've been hearing some bad things about Flowmaster and their quality. My brother-in-law had one on his truck and within the first couple years it was starting to rust through. I dont know if thats the quality of all of their muffler systems or anything but I would watch out for it. but yeah the spare tire thing can be a real pain.