Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

05 Silverado 4x4 Jumps when engaged problem HELP

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2015, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Silverado 4x4 Jumps when engaged problem HELP

Just bough a 2005 Silverado HD from a Crook (BIG BOY RIDES) Pompano Beach Florida said no problems at all!!! plz Beware of this John Dylan Dolnier as he sells on auto trader and ebay you will get a big problem truck please protect others from this dishonest trash .. anyways when delivered many problems arrived..main issue when the 4x4 button is pushed the truck does a like a jump before it engages and another when disengages when its in 4x4 its seems fine its the in/out is my big problem and doesnt come out all the time until stopped I have owned many 4x4 in my life and a tool maker over 30 years and know truck pretty good and need help on what to check that would be causing this issue..I am afraid of what it my be .I really need some help as I am already very upset of what this guy did to me as we all have families and work very hard for our money.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Can anyone help with any ideas of what to check ???
Old November 22nd, 2015, 1:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

post a video. noise occurs shifting on the fly or stopped? Into what range?
Old November 22nd, 2015, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

ok I will do that Its when going slow as I am afraid to do it going over 25mph and press the button until I know some more info Thanks for replying
Old November 22nd, 2015, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tawas23
ok I will do that Its when going slow as I am afraid to do it going over 25mph and press the button until I know some more info Thanks for replying
does it when button is pressed when moving slow and on hi and doesn't come out then when pressed again to com out of 4x4 most of the time until I stop .is that explained well enough???