Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

07 Silverado 4L60E Transmission

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2018, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Silverado 4L60E Transmission

Hello,
New to the forum and appreciate any input.
So a few days ago, as I got off the highway and pullIng into work, I noticed some sort of shuttering and skipping (slipping possibly?!) out of the blue with no previous signs of any issues.
When driving it home In drive (D) it started off in first fine, then to 2nd fine and then seemed to actually shift into 3rd but couldn’t go any faster than 45mph when the engine would then just begin to rev and not go any faster. I’m thinking it actually didn’t go into 3rd even though it seemed as if it did shift. This was accompanied by some pretty funky sounds and noticeable shuttering to the wheels.
I brought it to The local auto parts store to have them hook up to the computer and see what codes were present. Had a Throttle positioning sensor (TPS) code and a wheel speed sensor code. Would the transmission be effected by either? I don’t think it would but worth asking.
Fluid was pretty discolored and just changed out along with putting in an additive and new filter... still no luck.
Basically can currently drive the truck in 1st and 2nd without any issue.
Would the shift solenoids cause this sort of issue? Or is this looking like the bands are bad and heading for a rebuild?

probably a coincidence but I just took my 35” mudders off and put the stock wheels on that came in the bed of the truck when I got it. Bald mud tires are like pontoons in the snow.
Thanks all!