Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'08 Silverado RPM display issue

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2011, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 Silverado RPM display issue

I've noticed when I use my remote start to start my truck, I'll get in and put the key in and turn it to start. Every once in awhile I'll notice the RPM display reading like the truck isn't even running, when it's ideling it saying my RPM's are at 0, not the normal 500-1000 ideling RPM's. I'll turn the truck off, then turn it back on with the key and everything is fine. Anyone have an idea on what's going on?

Thanks
Old December 21st, 2011, 8:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

is the remote start kit aftermarket?
Old December 22nd, 2011, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

No, the remote start is factory.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 2:25 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Nechevy,

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience with your Silverado. I would like to investigate this issue further. Could you please PM me the VIN number for the vehicle so I can proceed?

I look forward to your response.

Feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Thank you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 13th, 2012, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

I've noticed with it getting colder and colder, then RPM display issue seems to be happening more and more. Could the cold have anything to do with it?

Just this morning, my needle didn't start moving until it was about to normal operating temp. This is really confusing the heck out of me.
Old February 15th, 2012, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

All -
I took my truck into the dealership and they diagnosed the problem. It was a bad fuse on the dashboard cluster causing the problems. They replaced it, since it's under warranty and haven't had the isuue since. Just thought you'd like to know.