Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1987 Short Bed

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2010, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Short Bed

I'm new to the forum and I got a quick question. How rare are dual tank short bed trucks? I can't seem to find any company that sells replacement step side fenders with fuel doors for both sides. Also can't find replacement fleetside beds with fuel doors on both sides. But When i search for actual trucks, dual tanks show up a lot, at least in the pics. So why does no one make bed sides or fenders with fuel holes for both sides? Please help me out, I have a 1987 Chevrolet R10 short bed stepside and i am thinking of replacing the bed and I like having two tanks.
Old July 13th, 2010, 3:41 PM
CF Junior Member

LMC will have just about anything you need. These trucks are very common I have built two and owned four and three of the four were dual tanked. Have you tried Craigslist? I find these trucks really cheap and the beds are pretty often also. If nothing else try the wrecking yards they always have these trucks!

Last edited by BAGnDRAG-K5; July 13th, 2010 at 3:43 PM. Reason: sorry got in a hurry and misspelled some words
Old July 21st, 2010, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info. I bought all my part from LMC, they are great. my problem is that i can never a drivers side panel or fender for a short bed with a fuel door on it. I wanna now WHY!!! just kidding But I've checked all the restoring sites and no one carries or makes them. I'll just have to make my own, lol, thanks for the help though.