Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1998 C1500 Lighting Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2007, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 C1500 Lighting Malfunction

So i have been a proud owner of this vehicles since its inception yet i am experiencing some electrical issues in which i can not find where they are stimming from. I know that my multi funtion switch on the column is presenting a problem, but that is not my concern.
My truck has 250k miles on it give or take. but recently my night timemarker lights are not coming on, butthe flashers still work. I checked out the dimmer/lights switch as well as the head lamp relay. and everything is in working order.

Before... my head lamps went out and i had to jump power over to them from the inner running lights. this has worked great fro about a year now with out issue. theonly down side is that i can not dim my lights and they run constantly.

In conjunction with my marker lights the dash lights went with it. so night time driving is horrible. I can not see how fast i am going or read any of the gauges. To add insult to injury i have to keep my flashers on so other cars can identify me at night.

I have a very vast knowledge of DC electrical as well as mechanical but this one has me stumped. finding an exploded schematic has been impossible.

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.