Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2004 Silverado 2500 Stalls after Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2018, 3:54 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 Silverado 2500 Stalls after Battery Replacement

I have a 2004 Silverado 2500 that I use to plow the yard with, doesn't get much use other than that but ran great and after a year of jumping it every storm I decided to replace the battery. After installing it ran awful. Surging/Stalling immediately. Realized that it probably had to relearn the idle, problem is most advice tells me to get out on the open road and put a good chunk of miles on to do this and the truck isn't really very road legal/safe. (I have a lot of patches on rusted break/full lines etc)

It improved over time in the yard but I decided to clean the Throttle Body the best I could without taking it off. This did the trick and it ran great for the next two times I plowed BUT now it's sporadically stalling anytime I shift or touch the gas. It will idle fine in park and immediately die if I try to give it gas or shift it. I'll give up and then it will run fine again. Then it will go right back to the stalling issue.

Any advice here? Replace the idle Air Control Valve? More thorough Throttle body cleaning?? I'm at a loss.