Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2004 theft device

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2006, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 theft device

I purchased my crew cab in Cali. Recently I came out with the military to New Orleans to help the good people and someone wanted my truck more than me. Made out pretty good as far as damage goes just the door, steering colunm and ignition. My problem is I have karr guard identity series installed on it from the dealership. The one thing that kept them from stealing my truck is no longer working and the GM dealership here has no idea how to make it work again they put lo jack on the trucks. My only option thus far is to drive to florida or back home to a rep in cali. Has anyone ran across this problem and can shed some light for me. I would like to know if all I need done is to reset the code for the VOB or did they not install the new ignition properly and that is why it is not working. I have called the company and of course it's all about the dollar which is fine I just want to know if this service dept. did a proper job or not. Before I tried to start it I asked the mechanic to take the vob about 75 yards away from the vehicle and i set the alarm after unarming it without the vob it started right up (not right).

Thanks
Purcntry