Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2005 Silverado radio/cd player issue.

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So this dataport.... has like... what a door chime or somethin in it? I guess im confused as to why Chevy would do this. Is this an additional chime to whats already installed in the truck?
Old November 11th, 2010, 6:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

One way or another, it controls your door chime.

Make sure they turn it down. Check it before you leave. Unlike Monk, you'll actually thank me later.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More radio issues

I have a 05 Silverado, second owner. The previous owner tried to put in an after market radio and hooked it up with a cheap hook up kit which was missing the chip. I purchased the new kit with chip, hooked everything up and got the door alarms and seatbelt alarm to work again. My issue is the radio still. This after market radio will turn on but stays on for 6 seconds only. No sound. I have checked the fuses for the radio and the truck everything looks OK, but cannot get it to work. Anyone have an idea why? Should I just go get a new radio for the truck and see if that works? Just dont want to spend a tremendous amount of cash if I can help it.
Old April 17th, 2021, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 chevy sat. Radio

Originally Posted by BayAreaChevyGuy
So I have an 05 Chevy Silverado and the radio is having issue's.

Main issue to me in the CD won't eject from the player. The button just doesn't respond. The cd thats in, plays. It skips but I think thats just the disk. The eject button just wont respond, Ive tried different incriments of holding it down and tapping it. Nothing.

Secondly, the presets won't work. I've got the number 1 button to program, but the rest won't. I don't understand it, they function. But won't allow it to save the presets.

I bought this truck used and have no manual for it. Am I missing some kind of trick?

Thanks guys.

my sat radio wasnt working
and i unhooked my battery cables, touched them to each other then hooked them back up. And it worked