Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2006 Silverado Crew Cab Factory DVD Install

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Silverado Crew Cab Factory DVD Install

I have an 06 Silverado with the Bose 6 disc CD player. The truck did not come with a rear DVD player but I found one cheap and picked it up. Now for the problem, the DVD player needs the class II data signal to turn on. I found a data signal wire above the emergency brake and taped into this wire. I then took the truck to the dealer to have the BCM programed to see the dvd player so it would work. The dealer connected to the BCM but said the BCM cannot be programed to power the DVD because the factory radio head and rear radio controls must have the RSE controls built in. The conntacted GM tech support also and concerning this issue which they also agreed. So long story short the BCM cannot be programmed to power the DVD. Has anyone performed this modification? Does anyone know of a work around? All I am looking for is the dvd player to function and the kids would use their headphones to listen to their movies.

Last edited by jjohn; April 9th, 2010 at 6:13 PM.