Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2006 silverado heated seats works by itself??

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2009, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 silverado heated seats works by itself??

i have 06 silverado with heated leather seats. they worked fine all last winter. yesterday, they work by themselves. it will turn on high, then low, then medium. when i turn it off, it will turn itself back on. this thing is burnig me up.. is there a relay or sensor going bad somewhere??? it is only on the driver side
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same exact problem with my 07' Silverado. The dealship service department could not figure it out so they just unplugged it. They want to charge by the hour to search for the problem. I really do use them in the winter and am at a loss as to what do do from here. Mine is also the driver side only.

Hope someone gives us some answers
Old October 25th, 2009, 4:39 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

Do you notice this only when sitting in your truck? It could be some sort of infection on your part...??

I'm just kidding, I couldn't help myself. Do not in any way take offense to this
Old December 6th, 2009, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2005 and mine started this last weekend. Hope to find an answer here and have to deal with dealership. Manual shows fuse to be ING 3 pulled it but that didn't stop it.
Old December 17th, 2009, 8:34 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2004 LT with 52000 miles and has the same problem. is there a relay or timer that can be replaced?
Old December 18th, 2009, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Maybe this can help

I talked to my locall service dept. First they said that they were aware of the problem but there would never be a recall because it is not a saftey issue. They told me that they could reprogram some and they would work and some they had to replace the switch. I took mine out of the side panel opened it up to see if i could figure out which wire sent signal to the relay and couldn't, I had even opened the case to get to the circuit board itself. I could not get it to duplicate the problem with the face off of the circuit board. I put it back together and left it hanging for a few days and still working right. I have now pushed it back into the panel and a week later still no problem. I think the botton somehow was triggering the switch on the board by being out of line a little. Whatever I've not had any problems for a week and before it was everytime I drove it. Maybe this can help.
Old January 1st, 2010, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Valkrie-f6, unfortunately even with the data board laying out, the seat heat goes through it's dance. i'll keep trying....
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

sorry, mine didn't act up for a few weeks, but started again yesterday. i am going to find out which wire can be cut on the back of the panel to disable the heater. i will post it when i find it
Old April 28th, 2019, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default Heated seat

Unplug the green plug under the drivers seat to disable the heater
Old April 13th, 2020, 4:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by John O'Briant
Unplug the green plug under the drivers seat to disable the heater
I unplugged the green two wire plug and next time I started the truck I heard clicking coming from center console behind where the cigarette lighter is. I had to plug the green plug back to stop the clicking. My heat seaters only come on at random times when it has rained or high humidity. I unplugged the wires going from the door master module to the heat seater controls and the heat seater still comes on. Why can’t I fix this? Thanks

Quick Reply: 2006 silverado heated seats works by itself??