Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 Chev 2500HD LT Factory remote start

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2009, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chev 2500HD LT Factory remote start

Hello All

I have a 2007 Chevrolet extended cab 4x2 LT, this is my work truck provided to me from the company i work for - it has the power mirrors, locks, windows, onstar on the mirror,and keyfobs.

I was talking to a guy at the gas station that had a 2007 with a factory remote start, which had the GM fobs. So i was reading the manual, and it says that if your vehicle doesn't have remote start, it may have the remote start ready feature if you can unlock the doors up 197 feet.

This has always suprized me, how well the reception is, because i can be really really far away and it opens the doors.

Now if I would like to install the remote start kit (http://www.gmpartsdepartment.com/par...amp;startrow=6)

Part # 17801236

Does this part need to be installed by GM ? Or can i do this in my garage ? I don't want to get an aftermarket system (Clifford, or others) because this isn't my vehicle, and i would hate to see something go wrong that wasn't a factory part.

Thanks for everyones help in advance!
Old January 7th, 2009, 4:02 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Chev 2500HD LT Factory remote start

if you got GM command start it HAS to be done at the dealer it involves reprogramming the truck and new fobs as well....

as for you SM problem, I dont kknow if the line is run from your onstart antenna if the truck does not have it... That is normally where it would be..

AS for adding it, as far as I know its just a plug in in the back of the stereo...as serius can be swapped as well for the XM...not 100% on the XM one.

The command start one I know for sure
Old January 7th, 2009, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Chev 2500HD LT Factory remote start

Ok, here is what I found in my quest for remote start. My truck was remote start ready and you can tell by looking at the sticker in the glove compartment. All the codes are there..it is hard to see but you are looking for code AP8. My truck is a 1500 though, so this may be for nothing. Yes, I could unlock/lock my truck for a block or so, which is an indication of remote ready. I purchased the kit through my dealer and negotiated installation/purchase for $250.00. The kit comes with two remotes and a code they need to program the truck. Took less than an afternoon. I did find two or three problems with installation of remote start. If you have extended cab and power rear window I think and there is another situation with crew cab. I had neither, but you can check for more details at gmpartsdirect.com and search for the kits for the NBS trucks...each kit details the codes you must have and must not have in order for the kit to work with your truck. If you want the two way remote start then you have to pay more and have some more installation done to set up the ant. This was not my choice because the HUGE remotes look gay and will be all scratched up the first time you put them into your pocket..assuming you can fit them into your pockets!!! Check the website and research what options you have and consult your dealer. The price at gmpartsdirect was only 165 for the kit, but they wanted so much in shipping that it was just as cheap to go through the dealer and then I knew the right parts would be installed. You will LOVE having the remote start, so go ahead and do it.