Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 10th, 2015, 5:47 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2007, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

NO I had mine 4 weeks the seat problem is worths with big dog thanks to every one for trl brake hook up worked great
Old September 3rd, 2007, 9:55 PM
CF Junior Member

I have had my NBS 2008 Fourdoor 5.3L flexfuel truck since April 1, and have about 14000 miles on it.

I run E85 most of the time and get 13.5 mpg with a city/hwy mix. On reg gas I get about 16 mpg with the same driving.

My 2 complaints are:

The seat material is a dirt magnet. Not only does it get filthy quickly, it won't let go of the dirt and is horribly stained.

The transmission is a dog. It feels like it catches up to the truck with going down hills and back up. A coworker has the same truck and also shares the same complaint.

I wish I could have gotten a longer bed, but otherwise, I really like this truck. It tows very well for it's size and the mileage is nothing to complain about.

I am having a problem with the tire pressure sensors. After a flat tire repair went badly and a new sensor was installed, the check light remains on. Chevy told me not to worry about it until I bring it in next time.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 9:57 PM
CF Junior Member

I forgot to add:

The paint is crap. I have more paint chips on this truck than my wife's 6 year old minivan. Yes, I drive on gravel, but my other trucks do not have near the paint chips. I have 2 NBS trucks and they are both the same way, lots of chips missing.
Old September 15th, 2007, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

I've had my 07 NBS crew cab for about a month and love it. I was torn between the ext cab and the crew. I'm glad I got the crew - tons of room when you fold up the seats. I too complain about the dirt magnet seats. Also the rear cup holder is stuck open, someone mentioned about the delay in the dash lights coming on - I agree. I also like to drive with the dash lights barely on at night and on the highway. They don't dim enough for me. I bought it to tow a 21 ft travel trailer, but have not done that yet. I hope it's an improvement over my 04 6 cyl trailblazer. Gas mileage seems to vary between 15 and18 depending on terrain.
Old September 16th, 2007, 7:50 PM
CF Beginner

Probably not alot of room here for a 2007 NBS Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison - LTZ.

It's awesome in performance and towing from bobcats to a large horse trailer with 4 horses.

Options were numerous and still at night school on learning how to use them all.

I love my 3/4 Duramax!
Old September 21st, 2007, 2:04 PM
CF Active Member

had mine for about 5 months (5k milles) just had it in the shop today, had a problem after stopping sometimes it'd lunge forward, turns out the driveshaft slip yolkneeded lube, and the front of my bucket seat upholstery had come off (and i could get itto stayon) also, $75 for a spare key, my 04's spare was free, and if you guys only need a spare in case you lock you keys in your truck (IE: you DONT need it to start the engine, only unlock the door) just have a spare key cut and dont get it programmed (still $45), my black cloth interior also seems to collect lint, but no stains yet.the lowest mpg ive managed to get is 15.5 city (average is 16.5) and i had 24 highway on a 300 mile tripcruising at around 75 with cruise control, also the only other thing, i have WT no chrome front bumper (basic black paint no clear or anything) and it gets wrecked frompebbles on highway, i had to buy a bottle of touch up just for the bumper

5.3 (not flexfuel as i heard those get terrible mileage) reg cab 6.5" bed, everything stock
Old September 23rd, 2007, 8:20 PM
CF Beginner

Hey everyone, I now have over 3,500 miles on my 07and I just had my fifth wheel hitch installed. KICK THE TIRES AND LIGHT THE FIRES! I am hooking it up for it's first time out towing in three days. I will let you know how well it performs with 16,000 lbs of trailer behind it. Everything thing else has been doing fine. No complaints here at all with mine.
Old November 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Ihave a NBS LTZ Z71 4X4 1500 Silverado crew cab with the 364 ci, 6.0, and have to say Chevy finally got it right this time. I have had Chevy pick ups for 30+ years, the first being a 1949 fleet side, and the one before this one a 2000 extend 4 door cab, half ton. Already put on 8,000 miles and have not had any problems at all. The 367 horses kick in when I need them and the brakes are the best ever. Sorry for the love story, my wife told me she was going to put a blanket and pillow in the trucks bad so I can sleep with my truck . I put a Bak Flip bed tonneau cover on it and that helped the gas mileage, about 10-12 miles per gallon more, and put flat chrome steppers on , held on by 4 heavy duty brackets,put on a hood wind deflector and that helped with the gas mileage as well ,1-2 miles , next step will be the True Flow XDI air flow system, should give me another 17-25 hp gain and about 8miles moreper gallon. Any thoughts about dual exhausts,will they help in performance and gas mileage? My way of thinking isgain performance and mileage per gallon.
Old November 9th, 2007, 8:55 PM
CF Junior Member

I just had to pay 112 dollars for an interior detailing. Chevy said they get lots of complaints but are not going to do anything about it. I have had 9 trucks so far, all working the life of a farm truck, and this is the first time I have ever HAD to pay for the interior to get cleaned. I just could not do it and get it clean on my own.

Other than this, and the paint chipping off, I really like this truck. The mileage is excellent and the ride is top notch.
Old November 9th, 2007, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

have about 1,500 miles in my crew cab 4.8 chevy. drives great! brakes excellent! seat get lint! mileage is ok, but what do you expect fora truck! i am averaging about 19 on highway and 14 in city, but only has 1,500 miles. it could only get better! i hope!

Quick Reply: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?