Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 chevrolet silverado 1500 4.8L electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2016, 4:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 chevrolet silverado 1500 4.8L electrical issues

Hi Guys , Thanks in advance for reading my book , just trying to put everything i can think of.
I have a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4

(NO POWER work truck edition ) (4.8L). 110,000 miles very clean truck,engine bay looks as if it came out of the show room. never off road
I am having some random electrical issues . BY random i mean around every 3 days it acts up and then is fine. When this happens i am driving and notice a flicker of my lights. When i get to my destination and turn the key off , all the power is gone and give it a few minutes and it will work perfectly. also my airbag service light will come on and when my wife ride int the passenger seat the passenger air bag light come on and off .(don't know if that's anything to be concerned with but adding all my issues)

But its getting a little annoying since i have only owned about 3weeks and i took my old reliable 3500 454 gas hog of the road and its for sale to drive this unpredictable truck. I have researched for a week or so and tried some basics. Just looking for more ideas kinda lost because i cant recreate the problem.

Parts I have replaced and stuff Ive done . I also joined AAA premium membership the first time in my life because of the issue LOL
1)Mega fuse from GM
2)new ground from battery to block. I roughed all contacts with a wire brush.(getting a good ground ,meter reads the same from battery to block.
3)new fuses and relays in the fuse box(ALL NEW)
4)put a new battery in it and the one replaced was fine full charged ect. Had it checked and put it in the second battery tray unhooked.
5)alternator is working as it should.
6)tried running all the electrics ect and cant recreate the problem.

Stuff i still need to do install or do : 1) I have a new positive battery terminal to install .(i noticed a little corrosion on the factory one cable where the cable meets the terminal
2) Clean any other grounds besides what i have already done ? what and where?
Old January 27th, 2016, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any ideas guys ? At lunch today I tried to recreate the issue !
I turned all power on Ac radio lights ect. And flipped stuff on and off quickly and nothing happen !
I don't really no how to fix or find the issue if I can make it flicker or shut down . The colts while at idle would stay between 14.72and 14.92volts on the alternator and battery . With all power on between 14.32 to 14.52 . It has a 145 amp alternator on it .