Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 silverado bumper with fog light inserts?

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2008, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 silverado bumper with fog light inserts?

hi. I've been wanting to buy a bumper with fog light inserts for my black 2007 silverado but the dealership is too expensive, and I've tried ebay and junkyards and craigslist with no result. do ya'll have any sites where I could buy one relitavely cheap? thanks.
Old November 16th, 2008, 6:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2007 silverado bumper with fog light inserts?

Im kind of in the same situation you're in. I went to the dealer to ask about how much it would be to get factory fog lights on my '07 LT1 and after looking up all of the parts, painting the bumper pieces, and labor it came out to about $800. Id much rather go through the dealership to do something like this than a junkyard or something like that. At least through the dealer you'll have a 1 year warranty and it'll be done by someone who knows what they're doing. The guy told me that the BCM would have to be reprogrammed anyway to accomodate the new lights and most people probably couldnt do that on their own. If you want a list of all the part numbers he gave me then let me know and i'll post it.
Old November 16th, 2008, 7:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2007 silverado bumper with fog light inserts?

Yeah, I agree with roflcopter776, I was going to get an LT1 on my crewcab silverado and just buy and add the fog lights afterwards by buying them seperatly at a junkyard or somewhere but my buddy told me he had no luck doing it so I ended up upgrading to the LT2 because too much work and hassle to do it yourself. The dealer does come with warranty and you get a perfect finish. Good luck tho if you are doing it as a project, I think my buddy is still trying to do it, if he finds the parts somewhere, I'll let ya know for sure where he got them at.