Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:41 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

2010 5.3L Chevy Silverado Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2011, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any 1 in the winston salem greensboro area needing a drop in bedliner for a 2010 silverado crew cab i have 1 getting spray in tom $100 cash takes it i have all the hardware aswell
Old March 24th, 2011, 7:35 PM
CF Beginner

I honestly can say I know exactly how you feel. But, give them a chance to make it right. The love for your truck will return as mine has. I still look underneath every now and then just to be sure it's dry and it is. My wife's Tahoe had an oil pan leak when new in 2003. They replaced the oil pan and it remains dry to this day some eight years later. I hope you're back on the road like nothing ever happened to her in no time!
Old June 8th, 2011, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sbfowler
Keep me posted if this is the fix for your leak. Mine's still got the dye in it and I may well buy a UV-light before the next oil change to see what I can see on my own. They didn't see it, like your situation, after a number of miles either. Mine is still weeping and will be going back in once I have some free time.

I have a 2011 which only has 2000 miles, has almost the exact same leak, did you ever figure out what was leaking on yours.
Old June 8th, 2011, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 oil leak

Mine has an almost identical leak, had it in twice to dealer, still not fixed, still leaking. Did you ever get your's fixed?

My truck only has 2000 miles on it, leaked almost from day one.
Old June 8th, 2011, 3:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

LBOBIK,

I am sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues this early. Please message me your VIN and your full contact information so I can look into this for you.

Thank you!
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; June 8th, 2011 at 3:03 PM.
Old June 9th, 2011, 3:08 AM
CF Beginner

Just a check in, been a little over 9 months since the dealer replaced the rear main seal and still no leaks. No other issues with the truck!
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

An unfortunate update on my 2010 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3 Flex Fuel/AFM motor oil leak, which started this thread.

As noted earlier, the rear main seal was replaced. The truck was dry (for a while). While washing it last week, I looked underneath and it was wet again. I degreased it and checked it again today. It was wet again.

Took it to the dealer. They put it on the rack and agreed it was wet. Will now have to schedule an appointment to see what the deal is this time. Vehicle has 15,156 miles.

CANT EXPRESS HOW DISAPPOINTED I AM!!!!!!
Old March 29th, 2012, 4:57 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> sbfowler,

I am sorry to hear about your Silverado. Please keep us posted to the results of your dealer.

Please feel free to contact me if you need additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 17th, 2012, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2011 Avalanche, 5.3. Changed oil last May and found drip soon after. Took to Chevy, said filter was leaking. Replaced oem, no problem. Just took truck back to shop that did first change and guy told me new Chevy trucks are having problems with leaks using aftermarket filters. He bought cases of oem filters, because he saw problem with new police Tahoe cruisers that he changes oil on. Anyone else see this problem with aftermarket filters?
Old April 17th, 2012, 9:45 AM
CF Beginner

My leak is from the rear of the engine coming down from between the back of the engine block and the transmission bell housing. I use AC Delco oil filters and have not had an issue with the oil filter leaking.

I still need to get my truck back into the dealer so I can get the new leak diagnosed and repaired. My father-in-law has been moving and has my old truck, which I use as a back-up.

I will keep the forum posted on what I learn once it's in the shop (again)...

Quick Reply: 2010 5.3L Chevy Silverado Oil Leak