Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2010 Silverado 1500 climate controls

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2015, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Silverado 1500 climate controls

I have a 2010 Silverado 1500 and from Manitoba Canada. I bought the truck new in 2010 and every winter I have the same issue but never really frustrated me till this year.

I have my temperature set on heat and on defrost and the light is on for air to come into the truck not recirculate , (its a single zone system, I have seen a lot with dual zones., not sure if that matters) When I am driving my windows fog up and I have to roll the window down a little to get some fresh air in to defrost the windows a little.

When I have the truck in park and don't touch the controls, the defrost kicks in and defrosts all the windows and even water running down the window from the build of ice on the windows from the frost. So my first thought was its the damper door is not working correctly. I wasn't really sure so I just left it.

Now same thing happens but the defrost vent only blows warm air out the passengers side and not the drivers side which now really fogs up the front window and hard to see and drive sometimes. When I change the control to the front vents, they work on both passengers side and driver side.

Doing some reading I have heard that it could be the actuator doors, but I have read it really only means cold air on one side and hot air on the other.

So I am lost anyone have any ideas where to start looking?
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by beejayca
I have a 2010 Silverado 1500 and from Manitoba Canada. I bought the truck new in 2010 and every winter I have the same issue but never really frustrated me till this year.

I have my temperature set on heat and on defrost and the light is on for air to come into the truck not recirculate , (its a single zone system, I have seen a lot with dual zones., not sure if that matters) When I am driving my windows fog up and I have to roll the window down a little to get some fresh air in to defrost the windows a little.

When I have the truck in park and don't touch the controls, the defrost kicks in and defrosts all the windows and even water running down the window from the build of ice on the windows from the frost. So my first thought was its the damper door is not working correctly. I wasn't really sure so I just left it.

Now same thing happens but the defrost vent only blows warm air out the passengers side and not the drivers side which now really fogs up the front window and hard to see and drive sometimes. When I change the control to the front vents, they work on both passengers side and driver side.

Doing some reading I have heard that it could be the actuator doors, but I have read it really only means cold air on one side and hot air on the other.

So I am lost anyone have any ideas where to start looking?
Hey there,

We do apologize for this! Have you tried contacting our Canadian Customer Care team for any additional assistance? If you need any help getting in touch with them, I would be happy to escalate your information to them. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current kms, contact information and a preferred dealership. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care