Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 silverado radio issues

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2018, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 2011 silverado radio issues

I have an issue with the factory installed radio in my 2011 silverado,
2wd cc short bed
4.8L
factory installed radio w/ xm available single center on/off volume **** in center
Some time ago my wife who is the primary driver of this vehicle said the radio would periodically just switch to the aux mode while driving, then this started happening more frequently. So I sent it into the shop to have it looked at with some other issues. The dealer said that the radio has a short in it and the replacement and programming would be like $500.00. I decided that I would ultimately replace it with an aftermarket one. So the other day I was driving and turned the fan switch up on the a/c and the radio went to aux mode. She automatically tapped on the top of the dash and it came back on. I decided to switch the mode of vent the air was coming from and it went off again. I pressed the on/off center button and it went off and then came back on. We hit a bump and it went into aux mode again. So at this point I am questioning if I have a radio with a short in it or if I have an electrical issue in the wiring. Has anyone run across this issue out there and if so what was the findings?