Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Old December 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

I bought a 2011 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab LTZ in August. I traded in my 2008 1500... and I am beginning to regret it. The 2008 rode so smooth compared to my new truck.

I can feel virbation / shaking in the steering wheel from 25mph to 50mph and then on the interstate around 65mph I can look over and see the passenger head rest visibily shaking.

The dealer has balanced the tires three times. The winter tires are now on the truck, also balanced, and the ride is still no where near what it used to be like.

The service manager at the dealership said that they have been "having vibration issues with 2011 Silverados" but they don't have a fix. Great.

Just wondering if there are other people with 2011 models having the same rough ride issue.
Old December 12th, 2011, 1:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am sorry to hear of your frustration with your Silverado. If you would send me your VIN number and the name of the dealer you work with, I can look into this further for you. I look forward to your response.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 13th, 2011, 7:46 PM
CF Beginner

I have the exact same issue!! I have a 2011 Chevy 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4x4 Z71. I even drove a 2012 Crew Cab LT 4x4 with the same issue. I have been working with the Service Manager about this and still coming up with nothing. Yes I have driving other trucks and they do not have the same problem. I just thought it was flat spots since the truck sat on the lot since July but that is not the case. We even tested wheels and tires off of another truck and still have the same issue. This is hair pulling since the truck had a $50k sticker on it. Please keep me posted on what you find. Thanks

Last edited by woodrow; December 13th, 2011 at 7:49 PM.
Old December 14th, 2011, 7:15 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

I thought I was imaging things. My 2011 does it as well. Curious to see the resolve. My 2004 was like butter. I'm regretting this purchase....................
Old December 14th, 2011, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

Louis - I have already opened a case with a GM customer service rep.

Woodrow / Mac67
I would suggest that you both open cases with GM. Document what work has been done to your truck and keep all service paperwork from your dealer. Don't give up. Make them keep trying different things.

I imagine the only way this will get resolved is if they have enough people complain about the same issue and they get some engineers to come up with a fix.
Old December 15th, 2011, 7:40 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> chevy2011vibration,

I am happy to hear that you have contacted GM Customer Service. I hope they are able to resolve this issue for you. If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 16th, 2011, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

I to gave my 2004 Silverado z to a friend, and purchased a 2011 silverado z what a disappointment. The ride is so rough it will shke a coffee cup in circles. The dealer has replaced the front rotors rear drums and wheels., and still have a vibration. At over 40k it should ride at least as well as my 2004. Whenever the dealer finds time to call me back Ihope they have an answer,insted of please be sure to give us a great survey.
Old December 19th, 2011, 7:52 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> pearl,

I'm sorry you had to take your truck in for repairs. Has the dealer contacted you yet? Please keep me posted as to whether or not they were able to fix the problem.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Have a great day!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 19th, 2011, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Lightbulb

Dealer did not call me, I called him took the truck back in they test drove it. They will get in touch with the enginers and they

will get back to me. Louis it would be nice if you
left a way to get in touch with you.
Old December 19th, 2011, 6:08 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by pearl
Dealer did not call me, I called him took the truck back in they test drove it. They will get in touch with the enginers and they

will get back to me. Louis it would be nice if you
left a way to get in touch with you.
Send him a email or PM via this site by clicking on the icon to the right of the Chevrolet Customer Service ID.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.