Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 silveado crew cab 4X4 ignition problem

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2014, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 silveado crew cab 4X4 ignition problem

I got a 2014 Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 on june 20th 2014. Saturday I went to start truck and the key would not turn at all. The screen went to a blue/gray color. Nothing!!! for about 30 minutes, then the key would turn and everything good. Then 5 days later, same thing. This time I pushed the radio switch and it came on and the Onstar butten lite up. Called Onstar and they were n process of getting roadside and, Out of nowhere key turns and starts. Does this again an hour later, same thing. Anyone having this issue??? Dealer has no idea!!! IN SHOP NOW
Old June 26th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

lynnrick24 Welcome to the forum...
I have heard of some other non-start issues but don't recall what the resolve was, I will move your post from the welcome area to the Truck section to get it some exposure, I would also open a case with Chevrolet Customer Service via this forum...
Old June 26th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi lynnrick24,

So sorry to hear this has occurred with your newly purchased vehicle! We would be happy to research your concerns and discuss the situation with your dealership. Please feel free to send us a private message with your name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and name of involved dealership. We look forward to assisting.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by lynnrick24
I got a 2014 Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 on june 20th 2014. Saturday I went to start truck and the key would not turn at all. The screen went to a blue/gray color. Nothing!!! for about 30 minutes, then the key would turn and everything good. Then 5 days later, same thing. This time I pushed the radio switch and it came on and the Onstar butten lite up. Called Onstar and they were n process of getting roadside and, Out of nowhere key turns and starts. Does this again an hour later, same thing. Anyone having this issue??? Dealer has no idea!!! IN SHOP NOW
Old June 26th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Administrator

How do I private message you customer service?
Click on Chevrolet Customer Service's name in the upper corner of their message and select send private message....
Old July 1st, 2014, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got the truck back. Service couldn't figure it out. Truck wouldn't repeat the problem for them. Hope it don't happen again.
Old July 1st, 2014, 9:47 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello,

I understand how frustrating it can be when the dealership is unable to duplicate the concern. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can reach out to the dealership on your behalf.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Just got the truck back. Service couldn't figure it out. Truck wouldn't repeat the problem for them. Hope it don't happen again.
Old July 1st, 2014, 10:51 AM
Administrator

lynnrick24 If and when it happens again, try and get a video of it to show them...
Also make note of time, temperature if its dry or wet out... I know that seems like a lot to ask, but the more you can provide the tech the better able he will be able to quickly and accurately resolve your concern and you may provide them helpful information in resolving future issues of the same type...